Golden Argan Oil is a plant oil that is highly valued for its cosmetic, medical and nutritive properties, it is produced from the kernels of the Argania Spinosa tree which is endemic to Morocco. World-wide, it is gaining a reputation as an ingredient in high-end, personal-care products. Moroccans traditionally use unroasted Argan oil to treat skin diseases, and as cosmetic oil for skin and hair
Argan oil has become increasingly popular for cosmetic use and advocated as moisturizing oil, against juvenile acne, in treatments of wrinkled or scaly dry skin, flaking of the skin as well as for nourishing the hair and nails. It is sometimes mixed with pomegranate seed oil due to its antioxidant benefits, with vendors promoting this blend as an all-in-one serum both for skin and hair.
Herbal Zone’s Pure Organic Golden Argan Oil is without additives, sold as a natural skin and hair care product.
The production of Argan oil is beginning to have noticeable environmental and social impacts. Argan oil production means that Argan trees are now seen as a valuable resource. Producing Argan oil has helped to protect Argan trees from being cut down. This has led to their preservation with a secondary impact on the environment. The Argan tree provides food, shelter and protection from desertification. The tree's deep roots help prevent desert encroachment. The canopy of the Argan tree also provides shade for other agricultural products, and its leaves and fruit provide food for animals.
Argan oil contains vitamin E, phenols, carotenes, squalene, and 80% unsaturated fatty acids (oleic, linoleic, palmitic, stearic and linolenic). The main natural phenols in Argan oil are caffeic acid, oleuropein, vanillic acid, tyrosol, catechol, resorcinol, epicatechin and catechin. Depending on the extraction method, Argan oil may be more resistant to oxidation than olive oil.
• Reduces fine lines and wrinkles
• Reduces uneven skin-tone and regulates sebum
• Reduces acne and stretch-marks scarring
• Strengthens and repairs nails and cuticles
• Revitalises and nourishes scalp and hair
• Soothing after-shave treatment
• Heals cuts and burns
• Treats dry skin, eczema, psoriasis and flaking of the skin
Directions and Dosage:
• Face: Apply 7-10 drops to facial skin
• Hair: Apply 3-5 drops according to length, massage into scalp or use as hair mask
• Body: Apply generously to effected area
• Nails: Massage into nails and cuticles
Packaging: 50 ml